Terms and conditions
Please read these conditions carefully to ensure a healthy business relationship between betaWorks and the client
1. Agreement towards the betaworks product
- Completion of Agreement Documentation
- Full details of the applicant
- Full address where services are required
- The monthly price of the package agreed on
- All services are uncapped
- The agreed data for which payment payment will be deducted from your account
- Your bank details and signature to this agreement with copy of your id
- Full description by betaWorks Technical Team and the customer
- All equipment stays the property of betaWorks
- No access wil be denied at this installation address to betaWorks Technical Team to remove all equipment
2. betaWorks Products
- internet package as per website
- customer to choose and agreed on specific package
- betaWorks take no responsibility for any data loss
- take note the web “www” is not always secure; the client has to take steps to protect his own data
- no claims will be brought against betaWorks for poor coverage, malfunction or temporarily unavailable
- The client has to ensure that equipment is not mishandled or damaged
- all serial numbers appear on the Application and Connection Form and must correlate with the CPE-customer product equipment
betaWorks will take no responsibility when:
- poor coverage and speed by the Network Operator
- equipment damaged or stolen at the premises of installation
4. Breach of contract
- Client must give 1 month notice in writing to the email address on the Application and Connection Form
- Client not giving access by appointment by betaWorks to remove ALL equipment as per Application and Connection Form
- If equipment is damaged or stolen and not reported to betaWorks this will be seen as breach of this agreement; funds will be taken from the client’s account for any damage or loss as per signed agreement
- When customer is in an act of insolvency, the client will ensure the handing over of all equipment to betaWorks
5. Notice of Domicilium
- the client must notify betaWorks of any new ownership or cancellation
- no addition of this agreement shall be true unless in writing and signed by the client and betaWorks
7. Fair policy and usage
- When monthly limit has been reached as per agreement Application and Connection Form, no data will be available ; this requires the changing of the data agreement between betaWorks and the client
8. Method of payment
- The Application and Connection form will refer to the agreed package and the amount linked to the package per month
- this is a system supplied by Nedbank under very strict user policies regarding consent from the customer by signature, amount , first date of deduction and the exact monthly payment. With cancellation it is prohibited by betaWorks to deduct any fees.
- the Application and Connection Form can be inspected at any day or time by Nedbank
- this is a very secure system
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
What is an AUP?
An AUP is a policy which sets out the rules applicable to the use of our services. Most of these relate to legal requirements, but we also need to ensure that our network and customers are kept safe and secure.
Agreement to this AUP
You agree that you will only use our services in a manner consistent with this AUP and that your failure to do may be grounds for us to suspend or discontinue service provision.
- Any criminal, illegal or unlawful act.
- Any use which intentionally interferes with our ability to provide our services in any respect.
- Any use which intentionally interferes with our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Any use which is a breach of any other agreement we may have entered into with you or any policy or other terms and conditions which you have agreed to in connection with the use of our services.
- The use of the service to send unsolicited direct marketing communications in contravention of applicable law or which would cause us to be in contravention of the ISPA Code of Conduct.
Reporting unacceptable use
Please report any use of our services in contravention of this AUP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments to this Policy
Fair Use Policy (FUP)
Your use of services will – subject to the specific service provided – generally be a shared service. It is therefore necessary for us to from time to time apply rules relating to fair usage of the service to make sure that our network is efficiently managed.
Accordingly, we reserve the right to communicate to you at any time such rules relating to use – including but not limited to bandwidth and data storage limitation – as we in our sole discretion determine what is required for efficient functioning of the service for all customers.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in your service being restricted, suspended or terminated, as determined in our sole discretion.
As a business which enables access to the Internet or related services, we understand explicitly the importance of the privacy of our customers when online and interacting with our services.
As a member of the Internet Service Providers’ Association of South Africa (ISPA) we have committed to respecting the Constitutional right of our customers to their personal privacy, which includes the privacy of communications.
What is personal information?
The Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 defines “personal information” as all of the following:
information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to-
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person;
Collection of anonymous data
In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, we may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this site and our services. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows the collection of anonymised statistics.
- Cookies allow us to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. We may use third-party cookies from an adserver for this purpose.
- Cookies by themselves may not be used to personally identify users but will be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this web site.
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
- We commit to protecting the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information.
- Customer personal information in our possession will be used only for the purpose for which it was collected or in terms of the law under which it is required to be collected.
- Customer personal information is collected for the purpose of allowing the provision of our services as well as compliance with the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-related Information Act of 2002 (“RICA”).
- We will only release customer personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your written instruction to do so.
- Where we are required to do so under an order of a South African court.
- Where it is necessary to do so to comply with any applicable legislation or regulation and then in terms of such applicable legislation or regulation.
- For auditing, debt-collecting or complaints-handling processes and then subject to restrictions on the use of the personal information by the relevant third party.
- We do not monitor usage of our services other than in terms of applicable law.
- Our website may utilise “cookies” which do track usage to facilitate the provision of an individually-tailored service.
- Personal information provided to us as is required for use of the service is securely stored. Please email email@example.com to review this information and amend it if necessary.
- In order to ensure that we provide a secure service and protect you and ourselves from fraudulent and criminal acts, we reserve the right to monitor user and network traffic.
Protecting your personal information when using our services is a shared responsibility. Please be aware that the Internet can be a scary and unfriendly place and be sure to safeguard your identity and other personal information at all times.
Amendments to this Policy
Unlawful content and activity
- Any unlawful content and activity will be reported immediately
- Such content will be removed immediately
betaWorks agree to the PAIA act.